Local Woman Defeated by Manuscript
This was me, less than two months ago, three days before my manuscript was due back to the publisher. What’s happened since then?
- Got the copyedits back a month later and spent an intense week going through them, responding to questions from the editor, and generally reveling in having such a close, obsessive read on my chapters. Then I turned it all in!
- Wrote my acknowledgements page, which was challenging and fun at the same time. There are so many people who’ve helped me out over the years and I am full of gratitude. And I’m sure I’ve forgotten others.
- Blurbs: solicited!
- Accidentally killed this website when I transferred servers and forgot to back up all my content. Note to self: Never again.
- Resurrected the whole damn thing.
- Slept poorly, drank too much coffee, downgraded to tea, cut out caffeine for one woozy week, upgraded back to coffee, slept poorly, back to tea, all is well.
- Planted a garden, wrote an essay, did an interview, read Drunken Boat submissions, threw a party, spent a long weekend in the country gaping at nature and silence and crickets and waterfalls, finally started reading novels again (thank god)
- Hatching plans